SciCore Academy Academic Summer Camps 2023
Held at 156 Maxwell Ave., Hightstown, NJ (www.scicore.org)
SciCore Academy will offer in-person academic summer camps from June 19 to August 18. They are designed to sharpen your child’s academic skills and knowledge during the summer break and to help him or her prepare for the upcoming school year. Sessions are either one or two weeks long. Camps are available for students ages 4 – 18 and include subjects such as math, reading, English, writing, science, and College Readiness. Sessions run daily from 9 am - 3:00 pm, Monday-Friday, except for the Hiking Adventure Camp, which ends at approximately 5 pm. Camps do not meet on July 4, the national holiday. Camps are conducted by SciCore Academy faculty, who are experienced and trained in our effective teaching methods. Programs are open to students currently enrolled in public, private, or home schools.
Programs will be held at 156 Maxwell Ave., Hightstown, a safe and peaceful campus with excellent gym facilities and an outdoor play area. The fee for each camp is $380 per week and $760 for a two-week session. Students should bring a bag lunch and one snack. For additional information, see the descriptions below, call 609-448-8950, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp grade levels refer to grade your child will be entering in the Fall.
Class sizes are six to twelve students. When the class number is lower than six, SciCore reserves the right to cancel the class.
Refund Policy: Once paid, students may be withdrawn from the camp at an 85% refund if notified via email two weeks prior to the start of the camp. If a student becomes ill during the camp and has a doctor's notice for the extended absence, a pro-rated fee will be refunded.
To sign up, please click this link, fill out the form, and we will add you to the roster!
Schedule for Summer Camps 2023
||For Students Entering --
|Hiking Adventure Camp
||June 19 – 23
|Math & English, grades 1 & 2
||Grades 1 & 2
||June 26- July 7 (off July 4)
|Math & English, grades 3 & 4
||Grades 3 & 4
||June 26 – July 7 (off July 4)
|Math & English, grades 5 & 6
||Grades 5 & 6
|Math & English, grades 7 & 8
||Grades 7 & 8
|Elementary Science & Art
||July 24 – August 4
|Middle School Chemistry & Electronics
||Grades 5 & 6
|Middle School Chemistry & Physics
||Grades 7 & 8
||July 31 – August 4
|Early Readers, Ages 4 - 6
||Pre-K, K, and 1st
- Hiking Adventure Camp - This popular camp involves day hiking at beautiful NJ parks and reservations. Students and chaperones are transported by school van leaving at 8 am and returning by 5 pm. Students should bring backpack, water, and lunch and wear good quality hiking shoes. Cell phones are permitted.
- Math & English Camps - Half of the day is devoted to mathematics and the other half to English grammar and writing. SciCore master teachers use time-tested methods to instill fundamentals and elevate every student's level. Assessment on day one aids the teacher to identify gaps in each student's knowledge base.
- Elementary Science & Art - Half the day is devoted to hands-on science experiments and the remainder to art and construction projects.
- Middle School Chemistry and Electronics - Three days are devoted to hands-on chemistry experiments, performed individually by each student with a camp-provided supply kit. Two days are devoted to fundamentals of electronic circuitry whereby students build operational circuits on a breadboard.
- Middle School Chemistry and Physics - Three days are devoted to hands-on chemistry and the remaining two days involve experiments and demonstrations of principles of mechanics and waves.
- College Readiness - This high school program is designed to teach your adolescent skills that are essential for success in college, such as effective note-taking, test-studying procedures, how to write a college-level term paper, multi-step problems in applied mathematics, time management techniques, close-reading, and review of troublesome concepts in chemistry, physics, and biology.
- Early Readers - In this camp, children who have never read before are taught using time-tested phonics techniques. Students with some reading exposure are improved in reading fluency. Students are taught one-on-one using our successful differentiated learning methods. You will be amazed when your youngster can read fluently after this two-week camp. Breaks are taken from reading lessons for arts and crafts and games.